Type: Part-time (Temporary)
Benefits: Not Benefited
TheSixFifty.com is looking for a digital storyteller to help our newsroom serve the diverse communities of the SF Peninsula. We're a group of local journalists exploring life, culture and ideas in the 650 area code—Silicon Valley, the San Mateo coastline, Stanford University and the southern reaches of San Francisco Bay. Our focus is on creating quality and insightful coverage of the region, with a heavy emphasis on internet-savvy storytelling.
We are currently seeking a part-time associate to help with a variety of editorial responsibilities, from feature writing to social media posts to assembling our popular and growing newsletter. The associate will have the opportunity to develop clips within their area of interest and learn under experienced journalists. And have fun—we like what we do and we like exploring the 650.
Applicants should have a journalism background or demonstrated interest in digital storytelling and be familiar with social media platforms. This is a part-time position with flexible hours and scheduling both remote and at our headquarters in Palo Alto. Please send writing clips and a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Editor Julia Brown.
- Assist the editor with email, social media and web publishing for TheSixFifty.com.
- Contribute articles and event listings as assigned by the editor.
- Assist with marketing and promotion.
- Other projects as needed.
- Strong reporting and writing skills
- Ability to develop story ideas and find sources
- Social media and digital marketing know-how
- Positive attitude and team orientation
- Photography and video skills are a big plus